The NSW Police Force will continue to work towards diverting young people from the formal justice system and enhancing positive relationships between itself and the young people of NSW.
The following key principles underpin the Youth Strategy:
- Building collaborative relationships
- Early intervention and prevention
- Promoting trust and respect
- Providing the right person and the right response
- Strategic timing and programming
- Transparency and accountability
- Understanding diversity and responding effectively.